If you are thinking to hire moving services for the first time for your next move, it may prove a daunting task. There are so many things to consider before hiring movers as you might not know what to expect from a moving company. While searching professional moving services in Toronto can be an overwhelming experience, you should do some homework before you start searching one of the exclusive movers in Toronto. Since a lot of scams are related with movers, you have to take extra care to hire movers in Toronto. Here is a guide explaining how to select a trustworthy moving company:
- Research Moving Companies: First do just a normal research online to find out which moving companies are doing well. Read the reviews of their clients and look for red flags. Ask friends for recommendations or denials about the moving services they had work with. If you don’t get referrals, search online. Once you have narrowed down few companies, check if the moving companies are registered with BBB (Better Business Bureau). If any of the companies have complaints against it, then that company is not for you.
- Get few Estimates: If you are moving inter-state, you must know that charges of movers will depend on the weight of the articles and also on the distance to be covered. So it becomes important to take three to four quotes so that you can compare the price and the services offered by exclusive movers in Toronto. Do not take the estimate on phone and ask for a hard copy or tell them to e-mail their offer.
- An In–House Check: Call the moving services for an in-house walk through so they can get a fair idea of the items required to be moved. It is also important as they can give you near perfect estimate and you also must know that if anything is included after the in-house check, they will charge extra for that. Don’t forget to inform the exclusive movers in Toronto that you hire, about any special requirement of the place you are going to move in. For example, many societies do not let the trucks enter their premises and if the movers are not informed about that, it can create a problem later.
- Get Insurance: You must know that in a DIY move, insurance is not provided for the items on the road. It is great advantage of hiring movers as you get insurance for all your belongings. So while you hire movers in Toronto, find out if the company is ready to provide you insurance and if any damage is done during the move, the moving company will pay the damages.
- Read the Contract: Make sure the company you hire is legal. Once you have selected a moving company, they will make a contract and everything from items to price, will be mention in it. Read the contract thoroughly to avoid last minute dispute.
As you are hiring movers for the first time, you will like to have a good experience. You can contact us Let’s Get Moving in Toronto and have life time good memories of your first move.